Monday, June 3, 2013

Last Pics of the Imperial Fists!

So I have come to the end of this project, and I will be packing up these fearsome warriors to go to their new chapter house...or base or whatever it is that they reside in between battles. I created my own decals from Testor's Decal Paper, and used Micromark Sol and Soften agents to put them on so they snugged to the flat acrylic. Not all the troopers got a decal, but I think I did around 40 or so with additional ones on the tanks. Here are the pics.

The above decal was pretty sweet, and the mud effect was created using acrylic Mig pigments and dirt!



Close-up of the sweet shoulder logo.


Since the Whirlwinds are not "dozer" type tanks and would be treated a little nicer, I opted for light rust on the tracks and minimal weathering.


Side rust streaks on a Whirlwind


With decals complete, and flock installed, that is finally it for these boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep your comments clean please!!!