Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New Kits I Acquired....

Like most modelers I have more undone kits than done ones. So even that being the case I went out and got a few more...
Here are the latest editions.

The two new kits per se' are the first non-game items I have had in awhile. I am still finishing up the Imperial Fists Space Marines, but once those guys are done I have my sights set on the following kits:

1/700 scale container ship.
I board these behemoths a few times a month and the scale of them still gets me. For a 1/700 scale kit it has a 1/350 scale size about it!
 
As is my nature, I did not pay full price (45 bucks) I got it for a 20 spot!
 
 


As part of what will be a pretty nice compare and contrast, had a 1/700 resin medium endurance Coast Guard Cutter. This was the class of ship I was on, and I thought it would make a very cool size compare to the container ship.
Stay tuned for the build on this one.


I got this kit on Ebay at a pretty cheap price. I really like the 120mm scale as it offers a good amount of detail without seeming too small. These kits can stand on their own as a model subject. I liked the dead Moor on the base, and liked the idea of painting some chain mail. I wanted to test out the fit of the kit with a lexan tube I got to put this kit in.

The base was some round stock I got at an arts and crafts store, and directly under the model base is some art foam which holds the tube in place. This is the first time I have attempted this type of display and I am pretty stoked.

Here is a picture of the primed base with foam.



Thats it for now. See next weeks blog for the conclusion of the Imperial Fists!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep your comments clean please!!!