Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Workbench from Harbor Freight

When I first moved into my house 3 years ago, I really wanted a workbench in the man-cave. (Unlike others who call a perfectly finished room in the basement a man-cave, mine was an equipment closet that was converted. A true man-cave!
I am pretty handy and was looking to build my own bench, but realistically that wasn't an option for the price of this little beauty. The top of the bench is a "butcher-block-esque" wood that is super tough. It has 4 small draws, and a bottom storage shelf where your feet can go if you have a stool. As a small and somewhat dubious bonus, there is cheap wood vice on the right side. I use it to hold brackets for interchangeable tools, and I have had my scroll saw there for awhile (most likely permanently!)
The price on this guy was 139.99 with coupon (20% off and I got a free flashlight with it!)
I know Harbor Freight sells crappy chinese tools, but for a model maker, and hobbyist, for the amount of use they get, that place is WAY up there on my list!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep your comments clean please!!!